Summary of the Position:
Perform broad range of administrative assistant level duties and highly skilled office assignments in the department. Drafts letters, memos, reports for office staff, departments and support center staff. Create and maintain databases, prepare various purchasing, accounting and payroll forms. Work in a team environment with supervisor as well as executive members such as Managers, VP’s and CEO’s, customers to include staff and administrative personnel.
Category: Full Time – Temp to Hire
Shift Schedule: 1 st shift, Mon to Fri
- Assist the Director or VP and provide administrative support for meetings, projects, activities, workshops, special events and programs.
- Assist with the monitoring of schedules for goals, projects and events; follow up on project and meeting action items and produce regular status reports.
- Aid in the management of capital equipment and equipment rotation schedules; ensure documents are current, complete and filed appropriately.
- Assist with the coordination and scheduling of contractors, consultants and other external providers retained to provide service, support or resources for projects or to facilitate special events and programs.
- Manage equipment life-cycle information, record asset information and generate rotation and refresh schedules; prepare obsolete equipment for retirement and end of life processing.
- Work with vendors, colleagues and clients to generate or obtain quotes and estimates for equipment, software and vendor related services; process approved orders; process and record goods received; maintain internal and online vendor and customer account profiles.
- Within established guidelines, exercise discretion in maintaining calendars, screening calls and scheduling appointments; answer calls and respond directly to routine questions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5 – 7 years of office experience in positions of increasing responsibility, preferably in an executive setting.
- Graduation from high school with courses beyond high school equivalent to two years of college or business school or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and ability.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills; able to communicate at all levels with tact, patience and courtesy; superior telephone etiquette.
- Strong spelling and business writing skills; able to compose written correspondence, memoranda, and reports from draft materials; record meeting minutes; word processing proficiency at 50 wpm; general knowledge of databases, basic accounting and business mathematics.
- Proficient with Databases, Project Management Software, Microsoft and other business applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Acrobat.