The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4+ years of HR experience in a similar manufacturing environment. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is required. Although a related degree or certification is desirable, it is not required. This person must be approachable by all and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Provide assistance to a very busy HR Department to include providing basic guidance to applicants, supervisors and employees. As needed, assist with employee relations concerns, safety/workers compensation, maintain departmental records/database, recruitment and coordinate on-going employee appreciation events, respond to unemployment claims, assist with benefits administration.
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Open Enrollment
- Employee Relations
- Hiring: Conduct New Hire Orientation and processing of New Hire paperwork.
- Benefits: Strategize benefit renewals and assist in research of alternatives.
- Maintain an understanding of policies, procedures and regulations relevant to human resources in a multi-state environment.
- Coordinate efforts with outsourced HR Consultant and Management.
- Conduct Separation interviews, processing of all separation activities.
- Handle workers comp and EDD issues.
- Assist in disability, FMLA, unemployment claims, administration of COBRA and Worker’s Compensation administration.
- Process and input enrollment, changes, termination with the benefit vendors.
- Data entry of new employees’ information using internal employee company software.
- Organize, maintain and update personnel files.
- Recruiting support duties include scheduling interviews for recruiters, conducting reference checks and assembling orientation information for new hires.
- Provide customer service and act as a point of contact for employees with questions and concerns on benefit related issues.
- Help with various projects research as requested by Management.
- Prepare correspondence, forms, reports and other administrative duties as requested.